SCADA systems show you where a problem exists. Typically, these systems are monitored by a number of people who attempt to dispatch technicians to deal with the most critical of these. However, it is common for there to be many alarms that never get dealt with due to the volume and the difficulty of dispatching them to the right people. When a technician is told of an issue via two-way radio, the amount of information he can get is limited.
SCHAD Mobile SCADA alerts the right people, based on location, skills and availability, within seconds of a fault occurring, helping maintenance engineers get to the root cause and resolve issues in the minimum possible time. A notification management system ensures that alarms are dealt with and provides an automatic escalation system for issues that are not being resolved within the set t. Designed to help the maintenance team meet SLA, alarms are presented to the engineer in priority order so that the most critical faults are handled first. Priorities may be tuned to reflect changing equipment priority during the day whilst dynamic priority increases the alarm priority as the target resolution time approaches.
To assist with fault diagnosis, technicians have instant access to a wealth of related information to aid their diagnosis and remedy. This includes real-time data from the control systems as well as related documents such as wiring diagrams, spare parts list, work order and alarm history from the EAM system, such as IBM Maximo.
Once a technician responds to an alarm, a Work Order can be created with a single click to track the follow-up activities directly into Maximo. This work order may then be executed using SCHAD's Mobile Work Management application or any other Work Execution app such as IBM Maximo Anywhere.
SCHAD Mobile SCADA is part of a family of mobile software products for maintenance engineering teams, built on a highly scalable platform capable of supporting multiple site implementations using a distributed model. All products are fully integrated, incorporating cross-product workflows and common reporting, providing the user with a single, intuitive solution for all their engineering activities.
- Cut unscheduled downtime by up to 60%
- Improve maintenance service levels by 10 - 25%
- Lower MTTR by up to 30%
- Reduce response and problem resolution times through real time communication
- Less time spent on wasted journeys around the plant
- Holistic approach integrating SCADA, PLCs and EAM / CMMS expands availability and access to information
- Better data leads to improved asset maintenance management
- Accelerate repair times means less downtime
- Lower labour and overtime costs
- Mobile working means reduced control room costs
- Paperless working improves efficiency and accuracy Improved all-round resource utilisation
360 degree visibility of operations
- Detect problems and faults early to minimise disruption
- Work smarter and faster with real-time performance reporting
- Automatically capture high quality maintenance information
- Analyse performance data for informed decision making
- Improved reporting for better decision making